As bloggers and online marketers, we all want to build a business that fuels the life we want to live. Being able to make a living online sounds awesome, but the actual process of getting a business off the ground and running it successfully can be a long and complicated one if you don’t know what you’re doing.
Fortunately for most of us, there are tons of clues and footprints left online for us to follow.
But how do you know when you’re going the right way?
Whether you just got started online and don’t know the right sequence of steps you need to take, or if you’ve been doing this for a while but you’re yet to see any results from your many efforts, you can stand to benefit from a little guidance.
Going it alone involves making many costly and time-wasting mistakes along the way.
But with the right guidance, you’ll be able to significantly reduce your learning curve and start making real profits in your business much quicker.
There are many online academies that offer great training for digital marketers (some of them for FREE!) But what’s the best way to know which one is the right one for you?
Read on to find out everything you need to know about how to find the right training to help you meet your online business goals.
But first, let’s get a little clear on…
Who Is This Type of Training For?
This post will offer you a lot of value if you’ve ever asked any of the following questions:
- What’s a niche, and how do I choose one?
- How do I start a blogging business from scratch?
- What’s the best way to get traffic to my blog?
- How do I write the perfect post that ranks high in Google?
- How can I start monetizing my blog right away?
- What’s the best way to launch my blog?
- How do I go about optimizing my blog for search?
- What are the best strategies to build an email list quickly?
- Now that I’m making some sales, how can I scale my business?
- How can I automate most of my blogging-related tasks to free up more time?
If any of the questions listed above sound like you, then you’re in the right place to learn how to get quick and effective answers to all the questions you may have about online marketing as a whole.
Having been online for decades, I can tell you that there are only a few really good websites that offer effective training for online marketers.
And no, they aren’t the ones advertising that they can teach you how to ‘get rich quick’ or ‘make money on autopilot’.
I’m talking about sites that offer structure, order, and legitimate training for building a REAL business online. They also include community and personal support to guide you throughout your journey.
Basically, you get everything you need to build, grow, and massively scale your online business all in one place.
Here Are 7 Things All The Best Training Sites Have in Common:
- You get everything included (no need to buy any other courses separately)
- You’re provided with a step by step roadmap to your goals
- Their technical ‘how-to’s are broken down to a language that is easy to understand
- They offer integrated support and individual guidance for those who need it
- The site has a community of like-minded, supportive people also working on their businesses
- Regular live training sessions are conducted (usually based on questions from users)
- Private 1-on-1 feedback from experts
So, if you’ve been feeling confused and overwhelmed about what to do next, you’ll be able to get all the help and guidance you need from a good online marketing platform.
Now you have a good idea of what to look for in the best ones, but to save you the time and effort of having to sift through dozens of training websites to find the right one for you, I’m simply going to share my opinion on the matter.
As I said, I know of some really good training platforms for online marketers of every level, but from my experience, the absolute best one for getting started online (or to help you start making real profits in your business if you’ve been online for a while), is Wealthy Affiliate.
I know, I know – there are already TONS of articles promoting this site, and the information you get from them starts to sound the same after a while.
But don’t worry because this isn’t that kind of article.
I’m only interested in helping you determine if you need Digital Marketing training to help you meet your business goals, and how you can get the best and most affordable guidance possible.
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
If you’ve never heard of this website, WealthyAffiliate.com offers online training to marketers.
From beginners to the most experienced marketers, everyone stands to gain something from this platform. And the best part? You can get started for FREE.
Unlike the majority of other similar training sites, they don’t even ask you for credit card information, which means that you can try it totally risk-free to determine if it’s the right fit for you.
Keep in mind that while this learning platform is primarily focused on affiliate marketing (the type of marketing where you’re selling someone else’s product for a commission), they also teach other business models as well.
You’ll also get to learn about every aspect of digital marketing from social media marketing and email marketing, to mobile marketing, analytics, and conversion optimization.
Here is what Wealthy Affiliate can do for you:
1. Help you build a firm foundation for your business
If you’re getting started at the absolute zero point, you’ll get all the information and assistance you need to build your website and blog from scratch.
They also provide hosting services – something I know a lot of beginners will appreciate as it means you don’t have to research countless options in an effort to find the best web hosting provider out there.
Even if you already have a website up and running, it’s still a good idea to take a look at their foundation phase training to ensure that your site is set up on a solid foundation to ensure success.
2. Brand new marketers can create 2 websites for free
As soon as you sign up you can start creating your first website.
This means that you can have a site up and running in a matter of minutes. Of course, you should take the time to get acquainted with the site first so you know how everything works.
This brings us to the third thing:
3. Immediately dive into up-to-date, step by step training
The lessons are broken down in such a way that even a six-year-old could understand them.
That’s not to insult anyone’s intelligence, but it’s important to remember that most people that are lured in by the promise of making money online have absolutely no knowledge of how to get started.
The lessons make it easy for ANYONE to build a business online regardless of their skill level.
4. Includes a keyword research tool
If you’re not new to the online marketing arena then you already know that content reigns supreme.
And as such, it’s important to have an effective tool to help you find all the keywords that you can use to rank high in the search engines.
Jaaxy Keyword Research Software is one such tool, and you’ll have access to it when you register for a free Wealthy Affiliate account.
5. Get immediate access to a community of helpful individuals
If you hit an obstacle in pursuit of building your online business, there are always knowledgeable people who are happy to help you through it.
One thing that makes Wealthy Affiliate truly stand out from other similar platforms is the fact that your questions get answered in mere seconds.
You don’t have to wait hours (or days) to move ahead with your training.
6. Premium membership gets you unlimited content, free updates, and more
As previously stated, you don’t want a training platform that requires you to pay for additional content after the initial signup.
Here you get full access to everything at once. This is very convenient, particularly for busy people who don’t have time to go searching for information from various platforms.
Here’s a quick summary of everything you get:
- Free starter membership for life
- Create two free websites
- Online marketing training
- Free use of Premium keyword research tools
- Web support with impressive response times
- Friendly support community
- One on one assistance from experts
- Live Chat option
- No contracts – start or stop training anytime you like
There are very few legit websites today that provide this level of orientation for anyone looking to start, grow, and maintain an online business.
If you’ve been looking for a great way of bringing in some extra money, or hopefully, someday even replacing your current paycheck, then this is something you need to check out.
An online search will quickly reveal to you just how many satisfied customers Wealthy Affiliate has. And one thing’s for sure: All those thousands of people can’t be wrong about this platform.
I know what you’re thinking right about now:
This sounds too good to be true! What’s the catch?
You can use the free account for as long as you want.
But if you want to upgrade to the next level, then it’s going to cost you $19 for the first month, and $49 per month thereafter.
There is also an annual option (pay for a year at a time) that brings the monthly cost down to about $30 a month. This includes everything, even hosting.
The truth is that you can stick with the free account and still learn everything you need to know to build and grow your business. But honestly, it’s going to take you a much longer time than if you simply invest in a Premium account.
So, should you upgrade to a Premium Wealthy Affiliate Account?
That’s a decision that only you can make:
- What’s your time worth to you?
- How soon do you want to start seeing profits from your online business?
- What are your goals, and do you want expert guidance to help you get there or do you feel that you can go it alone?
The answers to these and other questions will help you decide whether or not you need to upgrade from your free account.
The Final Word
The bottom line is that if you are looking for a solution to get rich quick, then Wealthy Affiliate is not for you.
If you have a history of changing your mind constantly, chasing every new idea that comes your way (shiny object syndrome), then this may not be the best option for you.
Also, if you’re looking for a DFY (done for you) solution – this isn’t it. If any of these things apply to you, then Wealthy Affiliate will not be a good match for you.
It will, however, be a perfect match if:
- You’re an action-taker who realizes that simply watching videos and reading other people’s blogs won’t build your business.
- You’re an aspiring new entrepreneur who wants to build a REAL business online starting from scratch
- You’re willing to put in all the necessary time and effort into making your dream of making money online a reality
- You’re a blogger with an existing audience who wants to leverage and more effectively monetize your existing blog
- You’re an online business owner who realizes that well-structured blogs are powerful marketing tools for a business
If that’s you, then go ahead and sign up for a free account at Wealthy Affiliate.
Honestly, you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain! You can get started right now learning everything you need to know to help you build, grow, and scale your online business.
Feel free to post your comment below. An email address is required but it will not be shared with anyone, put on any list, or used for any kind of marketing, just to alert you if there are any replies. Thanks and happy hunting!
Updated: Originally published February 17th 2019